Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Home Again

I just returned home from a lovely trip to Miami for a conference. Three friends joined me and it was nice to get some sun and warm, fresh air. It was not easy coming back to 40 degree weather after seeing the ocean on 80 degree days. But, as they say, there's no place like home.

I think Izzy and Edward were conspiring against me in my absence. She's decided that she's a daddy's girl. Parenting, even parenting dogs, isn't always fair. I guess I should probably get used to it. Because when Addi lays eyes on her daddy, she'll be a goner. I don't have a chance. Oh well.

The plan for this Thanksgiving week is to complete our CIS fingerprints and pick up the nursery furniture. Once the fingerprints are completed, our 171-H can be processed. The wait for this is considerable out of the Chicago office. It could take as much as 3 months. We're in the waiting mode, so we aren't too shaken by this. Besides, we don't need the 171-H until we actually travel to get our little girl.

That's all for now. We'll check in later...

No comments: