Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More to be thankful for this year!

Today we traveled north to finish our last step for the I-600A-- our fingerprints. The third set, mind you. Anyway, a painless step has passed. There are far too few of these painless steps and we celebrated with lunch and the purchase of our nursery furniture.

While we were at CIS, a woman and her three-year old daughter came in. They sat in front of us and introduced themselves. Grace was from China and just had her birthday. Her mother told us they are returning to China for her little sister. She was darling and a reminder of why we are going through this often frustrating paperchase. She and Edward locked eyes and Grace immediately started flirting with him. Edward was smitten. If this is any indication of how crazy he'll be about Addison, I'm in trouble. I may never see her.

When we returned home, he immediately assembled the crib and changing table. He said that he didn't have time, but I sure had a hard time getting him to do anything else. It took Edward a lot longer to get excited about this adoption than it did me. I love every moment that it becomes more real for him. Men and women certainly approach starting a family differently. I had no idea how true this was until we experienced infertility and decided to adopt. We don't process at the same speed or in the same way. But we end up at the same place. This has taught me patience and appreciation for our differences.

Next year, there will be more than enough memories and moments to be thankful for. This year I am extremely thankful for the adventure to Addison. I hope you all have the opportunity to see what blessings you have in your life. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful and inspired to be a part of your journey. Although your own parents cherish the title of 'grand', might I be one of Addi's 'grandfriends'?