Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Not the Best of Luck

Let me give you a snippet of the drama that has ensued in my life over the past week. First, I awakened on Good Friday with severe back spasms that left me horizontal until 5 pm. Thank goodness for muscle relaxers. Ed left for Singapore on Tuesday. While he dined with the President of Singapore (seriously), I went to celebrate Gabriella with some fellow students/friends. When we returned to our building on campus, I ran into the restroom. Next thing you know, I turned around in the stall and my key flew into the toilet as it was already flushing. Down the drain! Of course, it wasn't just a key, it was the electronic keyless entry type. That'll cost me a pretty penny. When I called the dealership to ask that they order me a new one, the service manager couldn't stop laughing.

The evening continued along that line when my friends had to drive me home to get Ed's key and we discovered that the dog had diarrhea in AND around the kennel. I threw her in the shower, while my friend cleaned up the kennel. The dog bed had to be pitched. While I was showing the girls some of the stuff in the nursery, I hear the front screen door open. Izzy had run off in 30 degree weather after just having a bath. By now, I was about 3 hours behind my schedule for the day. Luckily, she returned when she realized how cold it was outside.

And finally, I ended this stellar week with the onset of a cold... oh joy!!! When it rains it pours. I missed my dear friend's going away party in Mt.V. and feel like a big loser. But geez, something's gotta give.

BUT, my friend Karli is pregnant with her second bebe. I'm so excited that her Madeline will be a big sister. There are a lot of babies in the making right now!

In adoption news, we received some info about the birth mother. The preliminary interviews with her and the family revealed that they are all every supportive of this adoption. That's a relief. And we should be submitted for DNA approval this week. That's all I got...

1 comment:

Paige said...

You had a week like I have.

Have to laugh at it though, don't you?

I once lost keys in a porta potty, so it must run in the family