Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 05, 2008

Bizarro World

I feel like we're living in our own Bizarro World (remember that Seinfeld episode?). For the last two nights and for one nap today, Gabi has gone to sleep without a peep. She's not one to really fight sleep but she routinely cries for at least 30 seconds when she goes down. The last two nights... nothing. It is so dreamy and delightful, I hardly know what to do.

She has also become quite the cuddler. This morning she cuddled with Daddy for at least a half hour after getting up. Throughout the day today she was so lovey. Tonight, she and I played for an hour on the floor and she just couldn't get enough. Cuddle, cuddle, cuddle! I love it. She is one sweet little girl.

Also, a couple of nights ago I had a dream that Gabi was in bed with us-- which she has never been-- and I couldn't find her. I thought I had smothered her. I woke Edward up while I was still dreaming and yelled, "Where is she?" He woke me up. But it scared him so much that he told me the next day that he had to go make sure she was still okay in her bed. The next night I said as clearly as could be, "Isn't she just beautiful?" I don't think he wondered who I was talking about. I hope that I get over this soon. Edward can't take it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited about Thursday! We can hardly wait. Glad to hear our girl is doing so well. How could she not be with such great parents. Lucky ladybugs to have Gabi girl with them.
Love you bunches,
Aunt Sue

Courtney said...

That is so sweet that she is a cuddler. I wish Stella was. She will let you snuggle a little bit once she first gets up. She loves giving us hugs. Courtney

Paige said...

I cannot wait until your use of gooffy adjectives like "dreamy" passes--I feel like I am in some sort of TV show, maybe a soap opera, when reading these things.

McMurrays said...

I was reading your last post on Gabi eating and Lucia did the same thing at 9 months. I started freezing the yobaby yogurt and applesauce and smoothies into ice cubes and then chopping them up so she can pick up chunks and eat it by herself. She loves it. Maybe you have already tried this. . but thought I would mention it.
She is darling. . . aren't the cuddles the best.
Darcy