Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Finito Benito!!!

I am officially finished with all of the requirements for my license. I finished my internship at the hospital and I must say that it was one of the most rewarding, educational, unbelievable experiences of my professional life. I wasn't prepared to love it the way that I did. It seemed to me that throughout grad school, each new population/disorder that I worked with was more fascinating than the last. I thought that the medical side would be the one thing that I didn't love as much as everything else. How could I possibly love every aspect of this incredibly broad field? I don't know. But I do!!!

I'm very grateful to the people I worked with over the last 10 weeks. They really supported me with encouragement, opportunities and independence. You really can't ask for a better group of people than those on this team.

In the last week, I witnessed a man having a stroke while in therapy with me. I finished my internship. Ed had yet another round of interviews with another company that is very interested in him. And I received my temporary license to begin working. Almost all is well. Now, if we could just get the Gabinator home, we would be on Cloud Nine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A big congrats to you. You have worked very hard thru some hard times. I admire the heck out of your strength. Way to go, Cuz!