Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 05, 2007

In Light of Recent Events...

... we'll be traveling to Guatemala for Thanksgiving. I will return from Boston on the night of the 18th and I believe I'm gonna pull a "Papa." We're probably going to leave from Chicago early, early on the morning of the 19th. If so, I'll stop my flight in Chicago and wait for Edward to meet me there with my bags for Guatemala. It isn't the best plan, but it will ensure that we max out our time with Gabriella. That may be the only cure for our blues right now.

Gabriella will be just about to turn 8 months at that point. We hope, hope, hope that our friends, Rob and Amy, are going to be down there at the same time with their two boys and Emma. And some more of their family. That will make everything more fun. Emma and Gabi are 4 days apart and both of them are such happy, happy babies.

Just making this decision has made me feel better already. I'm so overwhelmed by this stinkin' process and not knowing when I'm gonna see my sassy girl again. This makes the not knowing so much easier.

Please continue to pray for Gabriella and Ella, Emma, and all of the children who are struggling to get out of the process so that they can come home to their families. Also, please pray that the implementation of the Hague will involve grandfathering of in-process cases. This is the difference between these children coming home and living lives of poverty in Guatemalan orphanages. Thank you everyone for your neverending support. It really does lift Ed and me up.

2 comments:

Paige said...

A plan is good and that is not very long off--so now you get to see her even before you thought you would.

It will work out somehow

Anonymous said...

I agree with Paige. How fun that is that you are going to see her so soon and it will all workout. It is just the struggle of getting there. Hugs and kisses to you both.