Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 01, 2007

Adorable Gifts


Today we received some very special gifts from Aunt Hilary, Uncle Stephen, Spencer and Griffin. First, Gabi was given a wooden block with her initial "G" on one side, her name, her parents, her birthdate and weight, her birthplace (Escuintla, Guatemala) as well as her aunt, uncle and cousins' names on the others. It's such a special thing that we know those things about Gabriella. In so many international adoptions, parents don't ever know these tidbits about their children. Thank you B.'s for capturing that information in such a special way.


Aunt Hilary also picked out a gorgeous handmade sweater dress that will be for next winter. I can't wait to put her in her little tights, peter pan collared shirt and mary janes. And then the piece de resistance was the most unbelievable bunting you have ever seen. This bunting is amazing soft fleece on the inside and sweater-knitted on the outside. And then there is an adorable fleece sherpa hat and mittens. It's all so cute, I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you so much, Hil!!! You're right. She will be cozy and pretty all at the same time. And I know you love shopping for a girl... lol.


Then we received some beautiful hairbows from Kristin, which she made herself. Reagan has matching ones. The joke about Kristin is that if you put her in a room with a pocketful of lint and a sewing machine, she'd fashion a beautiful curtain in less than half an hour. Thanks, Aunt Kristin! I can't wait to have our girls home with Reagan's big brother, Ryker!



And finally, Edward received a birthday gift from his lovely wife. I picked out matching Gap shirts from the Red Campaign (which benefits women and children living with AIDS in Africa) for him and Gabi. Then I realized that it would probably be better if we all had them. This is the way I put it together. Edward is "inspired" by Gabriella. Gabriella is "adored" by Edward (and me). And I'm the most "cultured" of the crew. If you buy that, I've got some waterfront property in Arizona for sale.

One last thought... at the end of the day, I went back into the speech office at the hospital I'm working in right now and discovered that my beautiful baby girl was grinning back at me on the computer. My supervisor, Kyra, put her on the desktop when I wasn't looking and it was such a nice surprise at the end of the day. Thanks Kyra!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to attract the cream of the crop when it comes to friends. Kyra fits.
All the things from Aunt Hil are so cute. I can't wait to see Gabi in each one. The blocks are so unique.
Love you 3 too much,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Merry Chrismas gabby!We are still wanting to see you.I hope you have a very merry christmas.