Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 16, 2008

More Family Fun...

Over the last week we've been in Champaign, Effingham, Mt. Vernon and Edward is now in Houston. We had a great time in Effingham with Edward's extended family. We celebrated FIL Bill's birthday and Father's Day. We hung out with Gabi's cousins, Spencer, Griffin, August, Regan and George. August and Regan were the greatest helpers when we left Gabi with a babysitter for the first time. I knew I could trust them to tell me if Gabi had any trouble and to help soothe her if she did. No worries whatsoever!

Gabi also had her 15-month appointment last week before we officially move. She weighs 19 lbs. 9 oz. and is 28 1/8" tall. She is in the 8th and 4th percentiles respectively. The doctor says that she can already see that she will be at least 5 feet. We did high fives in the office. Our little Guate-girl.

Yesterday, Edward drove to Houston and arrived at 1:15 a.m. All is well. The house is in immaculate shape as the previous owners have been taking care of it for us until we could get there. They are amazing people! Izzy the dog is with him. He reports that she is running through the empty rooms checking things out. He'll be tending to domestic duties until we arrive on Wednesday.

In the meantime, Gabi and I are at my parents' house. Paige and Barry came over for Father's Day. Gabi loved playing with them. We were going to go swimming at their house but a storm came through. Last night, Gabi spent the night here with GG, Gran Gran, Brenda and Charlotte. I had a sleepover with my Liza. We watched Army Wives, talked and went to sleep at a reasonable hour (we're old). It was just what we both needed.

I have a lot of pictures to post. When I get to Houston, I promise to catch up on them. They are still all on Edward's computer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will run by tomorrow since you all are still here. I will try and catch you at home after the walk tomorrow so I can say good bye and see Gabi one more time. I'll call first.
Love you bunches,
Aunt Sue

Katie said...

Best of luck with the move! I'll be thinking of you these next few days...

Anonymous said...

sorry we missed each other. i called your 217 number and left a message. i'll send gabi her present when i get your new address. good luck with the last of the move, my dear.

Anonymous said...

I know you are ready to be in that beautiful new house! That Gabi is a growing busy girl! She is such a cutie!

Suzanne G