Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 23, 2008

Will it Ever End?

I feel like we have been unpacking, organizing, reorganizing for a month. Really, it's only been 5 days. But the whole process is so obnoxious. It never ends. And the best part is that much of what we're doing is not permanent. Ed will not let me paint Gabi's bedroom yet. He won't let me paint the living room yet. He won't let me do anything. So nothing is going on the walls. It all leaves me very unmotivated because there is only so much I can do. Enough whining.

Gabi is a mess. Today, Ed was playing with her upstairs and she started laughing hysterically. Why? Because Izzy walked by her. That's it. For some reason, the same things that Izzy does every day set Gabi off. She belly laughed for several minutes. How funny is she?

Gabi's personality changes when you put her in the pool. She LOVES the pool so much that she could be fussing and instantly change when she touches the water. It's such a riot. That's how I always was about the water. I LOVED IT! Paige and I spent most of our waking hours in a pool in the summertime. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Gabi loves it too.

And she's far too brave for our comfort. We have a sitting ledge around part of the pool that is the perfect depth for her to walk around while holding the edge. She'll just turn around and walk to you even though she knows that the ledge falls off in only a couple of steps. She's more than a little crazy. But it is so much fun swimming with her that we've taken to swimming for a while every night after dinner.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, love of the water was inevitable. Just think about this. What if she hated it?
Love you all too much,
Mom

Paige said...

Well at least if she pitches herself off the ledge, you know what to do to fix it.

I am pretty sure she is almost as old as i was for the first diving board incident

ANGIE..... said...

your pool looks dreamy!!! i'm so glad you are so nice and comfy with your full family. life can't get much better!!!!

we think of you guys so often!
love,
Mark, Angie and Tyler:)

Anonymous said...

I have waited and waited for news and now there are three postings at once. I think my computer is not happy you left MTV. Loved all your info and thanks for sharing your new world with all of us.I am glad to here you are a normal Mom after all. I have never seen you get even loud with Gabi, so I was beginning to think you and Gabi were both perfect. Glad to know you are like the rest of us. Don't worry about Linens calling DCFS, but you do have to worry when she gets a little older that she might call them on you. Ha! Take a deep breath about your house and enjoy your new home. It will still all be there-waiting for you very patiently. Relax sis, you've had a rough few days, weeks, months and now everything is right with the Austin world.Enjoy!!!!!!!!
Love you bunches,
Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Blah, blah, blah...pictures please. Oh, did I say that out loud?

Nana C

Anonymous said...

you can stop with the "we've taken to swimming for a while every night after dinner" business. we poor people up here in poollessville, missouri don't want to hear of it, i tell you!!!