Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 16, 2007

I've Got Nothin'

Not much to report. I spent the weekend in MTV with family and friends. We celebrated Dad's 64th birthday on Friday. Paige and I wasted Saturday in the pool while Barry built a fence. I ended up with an unfortunate sunburn, but it was really good to chill out with Paige. I followed up the evening as the 5th wheel with Liza, Shane, Em and Rocky. We cooked out and later more of the W. clan showed up. Lori and Karla rounded out the evening and we had a lot of laughs. But I think we're getting old. We were all ready for bed by 10. Is that sad or what? When we're awake though, we have a great time.

Meanwhile, Ed was hanging out with his E'ham crew in western Michigan. They went fishing and had some rough weather on Saturday. All four of them got seasick from the weather and they didn't last very long. But they had better weather today. I don't think any of them cared how good or bad the fishing was. I think they were just thrilled to have some time together. Their last boys' weekend was for Dan's bachelor party in Vegas 5 years ago. That is too long.

No more to report on the adoption front. I'll keep you posted. Oh... and I started writing a book. I don't know that anything will come of it or if I'll even finish it, but it's very cathartic for the moment. So there's that.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Well I was awake from my nap by 10 pm--what does that mean? And the top of my head is sunburned- OUCH