Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tis True

The prior post was correct. Our agency confirmed today that Mariela is no longer working for Julio. We have no details. I'm very concerned for Mariela, her family and this very difficult time. She is an incredible woman who stands for what she believes in. Sometimes that isn't well-received. I should know. I'm rarely well-received when I put my foot down.

In other news, the U.S. Embassy has finally implemented a second DNA test to be completed by the baby only at the end of the process prior to receiving the travel visa. The purpose of this is to eliminate the possibility of switching babies in the middle of the process-- which has happened. Obviously, most policies come about because of some jerk who finds a way to defraud the system. This is no different. It is another expense both financially and timewise that I don't look forward to. But if it puts a dent in the business of baby trafficking, I'm all for it.

We get to see Gabi Sol in 5 days. I will hold onto her for every possible moment. We have a lot of love to squeeze into 8 days. When you don't carry a baby, it's more difficult to build those "mommy muscles." I've been working out to prep for it. So keep growing Gabi-- I'll keep up with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think you'll be able to contact Marielle when you're there?
She may be able to shed some light on the situation.
Nine days for us. Isn't that shorter than one week and two days?
Mom