Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 27, 2007

Sharing Foster Mom

I checked my email today and one of the families who uses our agency is visiting their daughter for the first time in Guatemala. As I was looking at the pictures of their beautiful daughter, Ella, I realized that she is with Gabriella's foster mother. I was so excited to know who Gabi's foster sibling was. It's a really cool connection and I hope we'll stay in touch. I emailed the family and told them what wonderful hands their Ella was in. She was surprised to hear from me but as excited as I was, I think.

In other news, Reagan's case is still a mystery. I am so frustrated for the W.'s and can't believe how long this is taking. They keep getting the run around and are at a standstill. It is unbelievable how helpless you can feel when you're in this situation. Kristin and Josh have been through the ringer with this adoption. Enough is enough! Please pray for their family and for our sweet Reagan.

Gabi Sol is 4 months old today. What a big girl she is! I can't believe we get to see her in a little over a week. We're so excited. But I'm bracing myself for the trip home when we don't have her in our arms and we aren't sure when we'll see her again. That is my biggest challenge at this point. I don't know how Edward feels about it because he's pretty tight-lipped about the whole thing. I'm afraid it will be harder for him than he anticipates. All we can do is get through it. In the meantime, I'm just going to look forward to all the lovin' I get to smother her with while we are with her. We're coming, sweet girl!

No comments: