Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Missing our pumpkin...

Edward and I have both really been missing Gabi Sol over the last couple of weeks. When I thought about it, I realized that it has been a month and a half since we've seen her. The last time we hadn't seen her for a month and a half, we were getting ready to leave for our second visit trip. So that eliminated some of the strain of missing her so much. At this point, we're looking at Christmas as the next time we're going to see her and it's just painful. I've been trying to come up with any project that might make me feel closer to her. I'm just about at the point that I want to sleep in her room with all of the things that she's worn or played with. I know-- it's a sickness. Edward almost can't stand it. We just want to hold her again.

I would never trade the time we've had with our precious daughter, but knowing her smell and feel and cry and laugh does make it harder to be away from her. So I put together another slide show of some of my favorite shots of our little pumpkin. Just bear with me.


6 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Hi! I believe I met and talked with you at the Marriott in August. Gabi was swimming in the jacuzzi with you, and you gave me some helpful advice since that was our first visit trip. Well anyway, I found your blog by accident tonight- but remembered you and beautiful Gabriella! Here's to a speedy PGN trip!

Stacy D
http://adoptbellagrace.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

I know this is very hard for you :( -- hope its not long and you are reunited for good !!

Anonymous said...

i am thinking of you often and hoping that you realize your hearts will be whole soon when she is home with you. remember that even if you don't get to spend this christmas with her at home you'll have the rest of them all to yourselves.

Amanda said...

Stacy,
I remember our conversation! Bella was very tiny then. I was so disappointed that we didn't exchange information that day. Thank goodness you stumbled upon the blog. I'm going to check yours out right now.

Take care,
amanda

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

(((HUGS)))
I am so sorry you are missing your little one. It is so hard to be away. You are so right about once you are able to be her with your baby it makes the waiting so so so much harder. I just keep thinking I am closer to bringer her home than the first time I was here in April. Every day brings us closer to our little girls...they ARE going to come home....and I am going out on a limb and saying by CHRISTMAS! As much as I would love to spend Christmas here with you guys--it would be even greater to spend a few days in early December together when we are PICKING up our GIRLS!
((((HUGS)))
Amy

Pineapple Princess said...

Amanda,

Hi! I am so glad to hear from you! I have prayed for Gabi's process also!!! We met that day for a reason- PRAYER SUPPORT!

We are through Family Court and in PGN. However, we are waiting on DNA authorization and PA. Our attorney is hoping we can quickly submit these things once we are kicked out of PGN.

I am praying right now that your daughter will be home by Christmas!!!

Stacy