Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 02, 2007

T minus 3 days

We're here again-- at the countdown to see our beautiful girl. I'm in Mt. Vernon hanging out with my best friends, Liza and Danny. Danny is in from California this week and I had to see him. I laugh the hardest with these two. We aren't sure why. Liza was charged with correcting my heinous hair. As usual, she salvaged what she could and made me presentable again.

Anyway, Ed returns from Michigan tomorrow after the final week of his internship. He's enjoyed it but I know he's anxious to get back, do his laundry and pack his bags to see his girl. We'll meet in Champaign and head out on Saturday for Chicago. We'll spend the night in town and head to the airport disturbingly early on Sunday morning.

This has been a good week. I've seen a lot of family, good friends and taken my mind off the fact that we're less than a week away from Gabi. All of the news from our Guatemalan attorney has been less than settling, so I'm anxious to get down there and see for myself.

No comments: