Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Little Summer Sassafras...






Robin made this adorable "G" t-shirt for Gabi. It's just like the one Ella has. Isn't it so cute? Robin wins points for major craftiness! Thanks, Robin!





Every time that we told someone that we were moving to Houston, s/he would say, "Holy cow! It's going to be soooo hot!" Obviously, we knew that. And it isn't a 'dry' heat like so many geographically-challenged people think. We aren't in the dry part of Texas. We're in the disgustingly humid, drippy part of Texas. Needless to say, we cannot play outside during the day unless we're in the pool. The pictures of Gabi outside were taken at 7 p.m. and within 2 minutes of stepping outside I was dripping-- literally. Those of you who know me well, know what I'm talking about. You can imagine that when we get ready to run errands and get loaded in the car, I am sopping wet by the time I turn the car in. The whole ordeal of getting Gabi in her carseat and settled is too much. Yuck!! I can't wait for some of this to subside. I'm pretty sure that I have another 2-3 months before it does. Oh good!

Aunt Kristin sent a box of happies this week too! Gabi received lots of new bows, several outfits that Reagan wore (including the gingham top outfit in these pics) and some shoes. Gabi finally grew out of her sandals. She has the tiniest feet, but we finally had to buy some new shoes. I was ecstatic to see that these feet are not going to be size 2 forever. Thanks Aunt Kristin!

Gabi received another box this week that sent me over the edge. I have been friends with the G.'s since I was 8. I grew up with Jenny and Jessica at church, playing sports, swimming, lifeguarding. Janet, their mom, just folded me into her brood. I love her dearly, as I do Doc and Janet's mom, Grandma Betty. Well, Janet and Doc sent the most elaborate outfit I've ever seen. It is a layered tutu of sorts in dark pink and a 'twinkle' shirt to go with it. I will have to put GAbi in it and post pictures. It is hysterical and darling! Thanks Janet and Doc!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Gabi has to be the happiest little rascal that I've ever known. She always seems to be smiling. However, she's beginning to look like a little girl rather than a baby. Lordie, I miss her.
Love you all,
Mom