Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 07, 2008

Work, Work, Work





My parents are here. So I am taking advantage of the ability to complete some projects. I painted Gabi's dresser again and painted a mirror frame and bookshelf. The mirror and bookshelf were mine and my sister's. To be fair, they were Paige's first since she was first. I digress. The point is-- I've been painting like a lunatic. Furniture and our living room. The living room is orange. It's one of the most glorious colors I've ever had on a wall. Nope-- the MOST glorious.

Today, Mom, Gabi and I ran several errands. The biggest accomplishment was getting about 8 big picture frames to frame some of the watercolors that we've collected in Europe, Africa and Mexico. We've been carrying these prints around for years and we finally have permanent walls to put them on. Unfortunately, most of them are from street vendors from places that use the metric system. It is not easy to find frames that will work on our English measurement systems. So we decided on floating frames that eliminated the need for custom matting and framing. That would have been way too costly. I'm quite pleased with the results.

The video below is of Gabi at the restaurant tonight. The purpose is to show how she says "down" and "up." "Down" requires the puckering of lips and comes out as "nooowwwwn". "Up" has no sound. It looks like a guppie. It's very funny.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! This is the cutest thing ever! I love the signing too- very impressive. :)

Paige said...

Why in Gods name is mom in a box?