Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 15, 2008

Big, Big Friday!


Amanda Z and MK are here! We are having a lovely time hanging out in the pool, playing with Gabi, shopping, eating and avoiding the August heat.


Today, we went downtown to the Galleria to shop and get Gabi's ears pierced. Let me say that Gabi is a trooper. These pictures show her crying. However, she cried during the prep process and was barely bothered by the actual piercing. She didn't like having to hold still and she didn't like me holding her head so the woman didn't pierce her brain. That was what made her so angry. She stopped crying within 15 seconds of the actual piercing and was giggling. She is so cute with her new pierced ears. I wanted to get her ears pierced because it is customary to pierce infants' ears in Guatemala. She is beautiful!




















6 comments:

Robin said...

Great pictures. I am so glad she was a trooper while getting her ears pierced. Too bad Mike will not let me get Ella's done.

We miss you all.
Robin

Anonymous said...

That fetus that pierced her ears is very brave. Looks like you are having fun. Wish I was there too! Hugs to all...Teddy too!
Nana C.

Pineapple Princess said...

Nana C. is hilarious! I noticed the girl piercing Gabi's ears was very young, too! She did a great job, though!!!

Gabi looks SO CUTE! I need to get my brave face on and do the same for Bella!

XO,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, what did Daddy have to say? I hope he wasn't too mad. She is a doll, though.
I can't wait to see her and you, of course.
Love you much,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so sad I connot be down there with my U of I girls-I am so glad you are all having fun. I miss you all so much!! Gabi is growing so much-absolutely adorable.
AWK

Anonymous said...

Gabi is too cute for words. I love the ears and you are right about the tradition of baby's getting their ears pierced. Good for you for working on keeping her heritage alive.GG is excited about seeing you. It was the first thing she said when she saw me the other night. Have fun. AWK will have to come visit when she is not schooling.She misses you.
Love ya bunches,
Aunt Sue