Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Farewell to our Beloved Izzy

We said goodbye to Izzy just a few minutes ago. She is going to live with two brothers who live together with their 3 other Vizslas. They have had Vizslas since they were 4 years old. They love these dogs, have no children in the home and the dogs get tons of attention and lovin'. This is exactly what we prayed for our sweet Izzy. We know she will be so much happier than she was with us. Poor girl was always in trouble for something and Gabi made her nervous. I truly believe that she will be happier.

My heart breaks for Gabi who adores her Izzy so much. We hope to have a dog in the future-- once we decide what our overseas plans might be. We do not feel complete without a dog in our home. But safety for our daughter, future children and other children who might be in our home have to come first. Some breeds and backgrounds of dogs are much more suitable for small children. I hope Gabi doesn't miss her too much. Let's hope that our visitors who arrive tomorrow will distract her from Izzy's absence.

We love you, Izzy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know losing Izzy is hard for all of you, well, at least you and Gabi. I'm very proud of you for finding such a good home and for making the right decision. Do they live nearby? MK is going to be sad.
Please give me some dates to pick from to visit.
Love you too much,
GG

Paige said...

I hope Izzy is happy in her new home, it is so sad for her and Gabi to have this happen. It just makes me want to cry.

What happened to the plan to get a new Mosey in the spring?

Anonymous said...

I know I have missed something. I am sad to hear about Izzy, but truly concerned about the casual mention of "oversea plans". What the HECK is that all about? Freaking Texas isn't far enough away? What is wrong with you people. Just STOP! Enjoy, breath, relax, and stay put.