Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gabriella's First Day of School

Well, I did it. I took Gabriella to her new school this morning. She was supposed to go yesterday, but she was under the weather. In fact, all of us were. However, she was able to go this morning. It's a better situation for her to start today. She'll only go from 9-1 today and tomorrow. On Friday, she'll have to go all day. I'm not looking forward to that. She will have pretty long days with someone else.

The bright spot is that I met her teachers and they are wonderful. She got down from my arms, walked right over to Ms. Maria and sat in her lap. She's really into saying "mama" now and after a couple of minutes, she was showing Ms. Maria her mama. When I went to give her a hug and kiss, she started crying. That'll break your heart and make you feel like a terrible parent all rolled into one. But I know she's doing great. I was ecstatic to hear that they teach Spanish in their classroom as well. Woohoo! That was the only thing I was bummed about with this arrangement. I am so excited about this school, I could just flip.

I have pics to post of her from before school, but I thought I'd take some of her in her new classroom today when I pick her up. I just hate that she's big enough to go off to school already. But she is one cute student!!!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Aww..she will love it though, with all those different people to watch the Gabi show, she will be in her element.

You did good

Anonymous said...

She probably cried for about 3 seconds. I know she'll love it. Just going for 4 hrs. the first 2 days is probably a better schedule, easier adjustment. When you pick her up she'll be thrilled to see you, so that will help ease the pain of leaving her this morning. I wish I could be there.
Love you too much,
Mom

Pineapple Princess said...

Gabi,
Great job on your first day of school! What a cute student you must be!!!

Stacy