Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Interesting Early Word...

When my sister, Paige, was little, she talked... a lot! Her first word, so the story goes, was pickle. She walked around repeating it as fast as she could--- pickle, pickle, pickle. It's funny since she later grew to love a pickle of virtually any nature. Another squirrelly word that she used a lot was "budla." According to Paige, a budla was a washcloth. Well, Gabi takes after her aunt in a lot of ways. She talks a lot, she sleeps a lot, she's bright and she has crazy hair. Although it isn't an invented word like "budla", it is an odd word to use in your early repertoire. It's "bucket" and it's critical to Gabi's every day conversations with the world. The only things she talks about more than her bucket (from Aunt Sue and class) are her mama and daddy.

Enjoy the video...

8 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! That is soooo cute! I'm not sure what is cuter- how well she enunciates 'bucket' in her sweet little voice, or how clearly she signs 'more' when she wants the bucket! Adorable.

Anonymous said...

awww I miss Gabi and her bucket and her pool and her mama and dada. you'll be proud to know I now stalk your blog regularly. wish we were still in Texas!!! miss you guys :)
az

Anonymous said...

Bucket is a good word.
I can't wait to be with her.
Love you all,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Amanda, from the bottom of my bucket.

Nana C

Anonymous said...

You never know what kids are going to play with. How special that makes us feel that she loves her bucket so much. She said that as plain as can be. I will have to share that video with my class from last year. They will love it.
Love you bunches,
Aunt Sue

Paige said...

Well she does not take after me completely--or her bucket would start with an F. Be grateful sister.

Say, do you have whole sours in your neck of the woods? Check on that for me

Pineapple Princess said...

OMGosh! She is so smart!!! Girl, you are IN-TROU-BLE!

XO,
Stacy & Bella

Katie said...

Oh how cute !!