Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 11, 2008

A Little Update


The last hurrah for her cowboy boot slippers-- she's outgrown them.


Gabi is delightful. Her face is healing well, she's off her antibiotics and she is as feisty as ever. She recently developed a hysterical excitement for the equestrian events in the Olympics. As any bad parent does, we were watching the Today show. A piece on one of the equestrian champions came on. As soon as Gabi saw the horses, she went into belly giggles. The lasted the entire piece. What should one do in the midst of such a discovery? Call your Aunt Paige and tell her that your love of horses is deep and real. Aunt Paige's response was that if she isn't going to be a gymnast, she just might make it as a jockey. (We're constantly looking at career options for someone who is likely less than 5 feet tall. Just kidding-- she can be whatever she wants to be.)

Waking up from naptime on the wrong side of the crib.





Playing with Daddy after church-- isn't she cute?

5 comments:

Jill & Danny said...

Oh my goodness, Gabi is absolutely adorable! All of her little outfits are just so cute. And the tutu, I chuckled out loud when I saw those pictures! I cannot believe Izzy bit Gabi. She must have just been pushed past her limit. Thank God the bite was not serious. Gabi is such a trooper!

Amanda thanks so much for all of your positive and helpful comments on my blog! I miss you guys so much and will definitely come to visit once our lives settle down!

Love you guys,
Jill, Danny, and Logan

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures. I was really getting hungry to see some new ones. I'm glad she likes the horses. You should open my email, go to the horse pics from Paige and show her herself on Grandpa. I bet that would really turn over her tickle box.
I've exerted all my self control by not calling. However, I don't think I can last much longer. Sorry.
Love you all too much,
GG

Susie said...

I have been following your blog for a long time now, cant even remember how I found it. I just so enjoy watching Gabbi grow up. She is just so adorable and I love her hair. Glad to see you are settling in to your new home. Believing things will continue to improve for Izzy. Blessings, Susie

Paige said...

Well I am with her on the equestrian events on the Olympics--because honestly, I thought they were boring. They are eventually going to add reining and that will change my tune of course because I will know all those people.

That being said, I went home to watch yesterday to see what was so funny about them and by God, Gabi is right! Those people sure fall off a lot--maybe finally a sport I can do! That poor Chinese dude came off (they call it unseated--dude you got pitched, call it like it is), and his horse left him! I know how that feels- happened to me last Memorial Day.

It is clear to me that she is smart like the wind--but we may have to work at it to keep her from riding English

Courtney said...

lover her colorful dress. courtney