Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Officially Not In



I spoke to our translator again tonight. We are not back in PGN and there is no predictable date for resubmission. The Civil Registry that is responsible for our document correction is working at 50% staff because of the holiday. As a result, each time that our attorney calls to see if it is finished, he is told to call tomorrow. I know for a fact that in Guatemala this could go on indefinitely. I believe in my heart that if he went in person and put some respectful pressure on them, they would complete it while he waited. Unfortunately, this is an incredibly busy time for adoptions, magnified by the impending closure on January 1. Therefore, I'm sure we are last on the list of priorities. I oscillate between extreme anger about this and bottomless sadness. The anger stems from the fact that I believe that we should be priority simply because this is our attorney's error for not catching it sooner. Had he done his job initially, this paperwork would not be an issue at this busy time of year. I can't believe that we'll be there next week and we won't even be in PGN. I literally want to scream and then cry and then go to bed for a week.

I hope you are all ready for the holidays. Good luck with your patience with the Christmas crowds!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,#$^%$^#%&^%$&%&%&%^$#^ and any other words we can think of. Let's scream them at the top of our lungs. When you get down there have a sit-in till they let you back in, then leave quietly.We can still have some sense of dignity even though they are messing with peoples lives till we are all about crazy.Focus on seeing your baby in a few days and our Savior's birth.Stay as busy and as positive as you can. God must be really busy this time of year, but we will keep bugging him with all our prayers till he finally knows it is time for Gabi to be home.Whoever said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger was an idiot. Love you!!!!

Katie said...

I am so sorry for the hard unfair process this is !!! But don't worry ..... soon your baby will be with you forever !!!

Paige said...

It will happen eventually, and if them focusing on the other families to at least get them rolling before the January 1 cut of date means that more people get babies, that is a good thing overall.

she will come eventually

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

(((HUGS)))
That is all I can say. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you and Ed. You are both (and Gabi too) in my prayers. I cannot wait till you get here! Looks like I am going to be here a LONG time and I need friends! (I am starting to feel better---thank GOD---being as sick as I was on these hard beds is HORRIBLE!)
C-ya soon!