Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Big News!

Don't get too excited. It isn't about Gabi coming home. Ed accepted an offer today for a new job after he graduates. Houston--here we come!!! I wasn't all that thrilled about this prospect because I was really looking forward to being in the Chicago area or, at least, in the Midwest. Yet, like most things, once I latched onto the idea I got pretty excited. I've been looking at houses online for 2 days. Haha. It helped to know that Liza, my sister and my parents were so excited for us. I haven't gotten to tell Hilary yet.

I told Ed that I will face a major challenge living in Houston-- I might sweat to death. I'm one of the hottest natured people I know (who is pre-menopausal, mind you) and Houston is stinkin' hot. So the compromise is that I MUST have a pool. Ed promised me that I can have a pool. And with Gabi being such a little waterbug, she'll need a pool too.

So starting next summer, plan your winter vacations in Houston.

I spoke to our translator in Guatemala today. He assured me that our previo is being worked on. I will speak to him again on Tuesday, if not sooner, after he has a chance to talk to our attorney for another status report. I hope to have good news-- like that we're back in the abyss that is PGN. I know many of you have been on serious prayer duty. Please don't stop. And please keep our friends, Ella's family, in them as well. We certainly hope that their time in PGN is quick and efficient. Thanks!

10 comments:

Randy and Heather Frazer said...

Hey Amanda,
I see that you have hit the ugly with PGN (Paperwork Going Nowhere). I totally understand your frustration. Gabriella is getting so beautiful.

Take care!
Heather Frazer

Anonymous said...

Big Congratulations on the Job! We continue to pray that the previo is fixed quickly. Please keep us posted.

Mike & Robin

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Congratulations, and come on over! Houston is hot, but it is also a wonderful place to live. We LOVE it, and hope you will too. We'd love to meet yall after you get settled.

I know you don't know me...I follow your blog. We're on the Guatemala treadmill too. Please let it end....With our babies home!

Love, Crista in TX

Anonymous said...

WOW Houston!I just got back from a middle school conference there and thought it was a great place. Don't be looking for cowboys, mechanical bulls or yellow roses because it is a #1 city. We did find a few places we can tell you to go for dinners and entertainment, but my favorite was Howl at the Moon- duelin' pianos.It is pretty scary that some sister has invaded every city in the U. S. and left our calling card. Just a hint-I was on the stage. Ha.I am glad you all got some exciting news and there is more to come very soon I am sure.

Paige said...

I think this is going to be great--such a cool place and NO SNOW! You are going to love it there---Missy lives there too, and lots of other people I know

Anonymous said...

Amanda, my yoga class dedicated todays practice to bringing Gabi home. They are a powerful group!
Donna C

Aileen said...

Found your blog at a.com. We were midwest transplants to Houston for five years before moving back to Indiana and we loved it there. Hope you do too! Also hoping you get good news about your daughter soon. We're in family court and waiting for PA.

Lazy A Ranch said...

WOW, this is way too cool. Where in Houston is his job? Believe me, if you can live close to his job it will make the traffic more bearable. You can go to www.har.com to look for a house/apt to live in.

The beach is 50 miles south of downtown, easy and fun for the kids. We also have Moody Gardens down in Galveston, more fun stuff.

You will never be bored here no matter what you like to do, we have it all, and very cultural.

We own a house in the Heights (inside the 610 loop area).

Anonymous said...

Ya, ya, congratulations. My cartwheel just collasped. I might be more exicited about it come summer. Till then, a big congrats from the Buntings (just we don't look to bitter about it).

Love you both

Anonymous said...

I think Gabi is too cute and you will have much fun with her she has beautiful hair and has the most prettiest little eyes.Merry Christmas!