Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 28, 2007

For Sure

I just returned to Chambana tonight and received official DNA results for Gabi. Not only are they a match, but they are a match at 99.998%. This is very high and indicates without question that Gabriella belongs to her mother. In this packet of information, we also received a polaroid of Gabriella with her birthmother. Her birthmother looks sad and blank. I can't imagine how painful this must be for her. I also can't imagine what it must feel like to not be able to parent your child because you are unable to provide for her most basic needs. I would probably be detached and blank-looking too. She's given us the most incredible and indescribable gift. Not just a child, but the opportunity to be a family. I will spend the rest of my life thanking her. And thanking God for entrusting us with her.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Wow, that is heartbreaking. I cannot imagine having that thought of her in my brain from now on. Poor woman.

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda,

To introduce myself first - I am Paige's friend in Canada.

I have been reading your blog silently but this post made me cry - well others have but it was a happy cry for you and Edward.

I could not imagine going through what this birth mother has...but you are right...she had done a most incredible and courageous thing in allowing her daughter the opportunity for a better life.

Many blessing to you and your new family!!!

Carrie