Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Let's get this party started!

I heard from our facilitator that the interview with the social worker and the birthmother will happen next Friday. At this time, the DNA test will also be done. The DNA test is between the mother and child to determine that the mother can legallly relinquish this child. It is a U.S. requirement that is used to cut down on the possibility of children being stolen for adoptive purposes. The interview with the birthmother is sort of a homestudy on her side. A social worker is assigned to her case and she determines the reasons the mother is giving her up and some other information. This is all written into a report and submitted to authorities within Family Court. In the meantime, the DNA samples are sent to a lab in the U.S. and we wait for a match. Let the countdown begin...

I just returned from the Symposium on Research in Child Language Disorders in Madison, WI. I went with my friend, Mary-Kelsey. We drove to Chicago and stayed with her family Thursday night because we had to be in Wisconsin early Friday. MK's family is wonderful! They're hysterical and very, very nice. Thanks Colettos!! Hope you're feeling better Donna.

We met our professor, Laura up there. We had a poster session highlighting our research. I've been working in Laura's lab for a year now. It's been a wonderful experience and I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity. Research is a completely different side of the field and it was very cool to meet some of the people whose research I've been reading for the last couple of years. I ALMOST wanted to get my PhD. But after I talked to Edward, I'm over it. He'd kill me.

2 comments:

sandraclark4 said...

Thank you, Dear God!
We really are getting closer, aren't we?

Anonymous said...

HI - My name is linda and I was at the Marriott and met you at the end of May. I have brown hair in a ponytail and had my little 3 month old little guy always asleep in a red/rust baby bjorn. I was there for Andy's party. my email is lynlou6@hotmail.com. Hope things go quickly.