Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 30, 2007

I can't resist




Although everything having to do with Gabi Sol is painful right now, I can't resist posting a picture or two of her. I'm so in love with her. Since this latest setback, it is difficult to think about last week with her or even look at pictures because I can't help but think of all the things we are missing. I've been able to put these thoughts aside throughout this process until now. I've lost that ability.


I'm not sure what the purpose of this adoption being further delayed is. It's impossible for me to get my head around the bureaucracy that keeps these children from their families. I see red every time I imagine someone sitting at a desk making life-altering decisions about the fate of my daughter. To them, it isn't a life-- it's just a job. How sad it is to not have the ability to see the big picture.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I've been where you are, and it is so hard. Hang on. She WILL come home. And she is BEAUTIFUL! I have watched your blog. I prayed for you tonight.

An silly aside....Gabi and my youngest son (bio) have the same birthday, and you exited FC on my oldest son's (bio) birthday. :)

I'm going to keep checking on you. It's so hard, but you are going to make it. She is yours! I can see it in the pictures.

Love, Crista in TX
waiting for Elli (DOB 12/10/07)

Anonymous said...

Just sitting here tonight being sad for you. The one thing that I know is your daughter is your daughter forever no matter how old they get.You may not have her right now but 36 and 31 years later my girls are saving my life right now. I know you want her now , but I promise you once she is with you it will be forever and all this time without her will seem very short. It is so hard now , but take it from one who needs her girls more that ever. She will be with you always, always your daughter.Mandy and Edward do not be sad for she is yours and your time will come to be the happiest family ever.

Pineapple Princess said...

I am just so sorry this has happened to you! It's so not fair! My heart hurts with you. I have been praying for God to have mercy with Gabi's case as it is resubmitted. I will keep praying that her case will get out in a couple of weeks or even LESS!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. She is so beautiful.
GG

Anonymous said...

I don't get it either. But I am right there with you all the way. I do know that it will work out, for I feel it in my heart. I already love Gabi... well who could not? But, I really do...I know her. So get buy and bring her home already...but, sadly, not to Chicago? What is that about???

Anonymous said...

buy was supposed to be busy

Anonymous said...

cute baby