Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 17, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Adorable


We've been very anxiously awaiting photos and an updated medical on our princess and we received it tonight. Gabriella Sol was 14 lbs. at her appointment, which was last week, when she was 5 months, 16 days old. She's in the 25th percentile for weight and about the 20th percentile for height. She looks content. The doctor's report said that she has a strong cry, is babbling, and "explores all." I take this to mean that she is curious and intrigued by her environment. Take a look at our extraordinary, brown-eyed beauty!




Love the expression on her face!

Then the happiness turned to serious disappointment when we found out that our case has now been pulled from the court system and is no longer pending for judicial approval. Our case was re-submitted to PGN last Friday. We've lost 2 weeks time and it looks like we really will be in Guatemala over Christmas this year. There's no place I'd rather be than with my daughter for her very first Christmas, but I'm disappointed that we'll be celebrating in a hotel rather than in our home. Regardless, we're looking at waiting for approval for PGN until around the second to third week of November. That's if we aren't kicked out for any reason. Please pray that Gabriella's case goes smoothly. Please also pray for the families who are caught in this same conundrum. Specifically, Gabi Sol's foster sister, Ella, is waiting for approval with us. Please pray for a speedy approval, patience for all of us and peace with this situation.

7 comments:

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I am sorry to hear that your case was pulled and returned to PGN. We are in that horrible PGN place too---and praying things go smoothly too. The Holsinger's will be spending Christmas at the Marriott. We are getting rooms when we go to visit this month. I completely understand...it stinks to not be home with her for Christmas but I couldn't imagine not being with her...so if Santa needs to come to Guatemala I will leave a map here in OH so he can find it! (My boys are worried he won't know how to get to Guatemala.)
(((((HUGS))))
Amy

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I didn't even say how beautiful Gabi looks! I love to get updates and she looks so healthy and happy! She sure is a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

She's worth waiting for. We'll miss having you with us for Christmas, but I totally support your decision.
What about Thanksgiving?
Love you all,
GG

Anonymous said...

How can she continue to get more beautiful?
GG

Paige said...

Well two weeks is not a bad delay in the scheme of things, although I am sure it seems like. It could be ay ear like it was for Reagan.

And there are worse places for Xmas than Guatemala

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are going to have any delay. She is absolutly the most beautiful lil baby. I know you just want her in your arms. I will say a prayer for you all that a miracle will arise and bring her home quicker than you anticipate. Love you all.

Oh and love the pig tails, just wanna eat her up.

Anonymous said...

Did Jen do her hair????????????