Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Re-write

After I posted that last post, Kristin called and said that the new timeline for receiving your Embassy appointment after Guat approval is closer to 6-8 weeks-- not the 4-6 weeks it has been over the summer. Part of this has to do with our Embassy's new requirement for a second DNA test. It isn't the actual testing of the sample that is taking so long. The collection and handling of the sample is getting hung up in Guatemala and causing up to 2 weeks in delays. I don't mean to holler, but is it so hard to find someone competent to do a job. Evidently it is. I say, if a person can't get DNA samples in the mail within 2 days, fire him. Hire someone who can. There are plenty of people who need jobs in Guatemala. Surely there is someone there who can make the turnaround of these samples considerably faster. Gabi's first test was in the American lab's hands within 2 days. The whole process- results and all- took 7 days. And this is only one sample-- not 2 like the first test.

Ultimately, I no longer believe that our girl will be home in 2007. Reagan won't be home in October, like we had hoped, either. We're shooting for November for her. Please pray that her case is released from PGN this week. And, Gabi, I guess we'll be spending Christmas in Guatemala with you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even pretend to know how frustrated you must feel. But I also know you both are some of the strongest people I know when faced with adversity of any kind. When do you head down next? October? We're thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

It will be in 2007, I know it will.
God is too good and too loving to let her wait that long. We just have to have faith in Him.
Love you all,
Mom

Kaycie said...

I hope you do have her home by Christmas. And if not I love the attitude you have of spending Christmas with Gabi. When I started my adoption I was originally told the boys would be home by Christmas, then when I found out that was not gonna happen I was devestated. I just wanted to skip Christmas. What I later learned was that God has His timing just right. Hang in there as you have been, and hang on to the ones that love you here. Your little girl will be in your arms forever soon.

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I am praying that she is home before Christmas. Gotta keep the faith, right? Isn't it hard. We am so ready to have our little girl home in Ohio where she belongs!

Best wishes,
Amy and Rob

Amanda said...

Thanks Kaycie and Amy!
I know you know what it's like to wait and wait and wait. She'll be home when she's supposed to be home. I'm just not sure how much longer I can put on the smiley face for everyone else. Thanks for thinking of us.

Emma's on her way too. I promise, Amy.
Amanda

Kaycie said...

Amanda, Don't think that you have to "put on a happy face" Adoptin is very stressful. Stressful situations are not a happy time. Now having this blog for your records, you may look back someday and think I can not believe I went through all that. I look back now and knowing that the boys were legally mine only 1 day over a year, from the day I met Alex, my oldest. In the moment it felt like our time was never going to come and that the boys were just getting older. Now one year seems like nothing. Except that we missed that whole year of their lives. But they were not babies when we got them, 6 and 8 years old.
So don't feel like you have to fake it. Be truthful to your feelings, and if you are anything like your sister, I am sure you will be. Don't be afaid to tell people that the waiting time SUCKS. There is no other word for it. It just SUCKS and adoptiong should not be this difficult.