Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 16, 2007

It comes from every direction

Today, Ed and I went to Effingham to attend a memorial service of a beloved woman. At the reception afterwards, Jane took my brag book of pics of Gabi and shared them with some of her friends. I was embarrassed because we already receive a lot of attention for this adoption. Regardless, several of these women are people I've known for many years. They've always been supportive of Ed and I no matter what our latest drama. I'm always surprised to hear just how much people are rooting for us in this process. In an extended conversation about just how frustrating the process is, I realized yet again just how blessed we really are. No, she still isn't home. But she's being taken care of by someone who really loves her. No, we don't know when she'll be home. But as I was reminded today in mass, God uses our trials to teach us valuable lessons. Mine is usually about patience. Yes, we've been waiting for this angel for a long time, but Gabi is the only child in the world who was meant to be ours. She was, and still is, worth the wait.

I may still need to scream occasionally. But I promise to immediately thank God for our blessings afterwards. Or, on a really good day, before I scream. That's really the best I can offer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And there's no limit to the outreach...lots of people you don't know or barely know. I just got an e-mail from Lynnette. She's watching the blog and is so impressed with you and Ed and your positive attitude. All of us are.
You're right about God and his time table. Sometimes I think old Satan is trying to shake our faith.
Don't let him.
Love you all too much,
Mom