Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Daddy and Daughter


Poor Edward got the shaft in pictures today. Every time I tried to take a pic of Ed and Gabi together, she was crying. And she didn't really cry that much-- just happened to be when the camera was put away. I found a couple of other ones though.

I woke up this morning at 7 to find my husband with my daughter getting ready to give her a bottle. He'd already changed her diaper and made her a bottle. She slept 9.5 hours last night and didn't wake up until 7. He kept expecting her to wake up around 4, so from 4 on he was checking on her. He just couldn't wait to get his hands on her. And she didn't cry when she woke up. She just chattered to herself. That's why I didn't wake up-- she woke up so happy!!! She grinned all morning.

Nana and Papa had a great time with Gabriella today. Although we didn't do much, the stress-less day was very welcome. They leave tomorrow morning and we're so glad that they made the trip to meet Gabi Sol!

We continue to meet more families and get to know their stories. There were approximately 20 kids and their adoptive families around the pool at any given time throughout the day. I love it.
I have to give a shout out to the Sisters! They are in super-tolerance mode. Mom is driving everyone crazy about meeting Gabi on Thursday. Thanks Sisters for holding down the fort. I'm sure Paige is especially grateful. And thanks for all the comments. Love knowing that all of Gabi's Aunts are watching her grow up in pictures.

Here are a couple of shots of Daddy and Gabi Sol. And there's also a link to a new video of Gabi after her bath tonight. She loves her bath and the naked moments afterward. She's really chatty in this one! (Gabi After her Bath
)

I can fly!!!

She needed a rest after all that swimming...


Help! My mommy is kissing my face off!

3 comments:

Katie said...

She is soooo precious !! Love the pictures !!

Paige said...

I love it when she makes crazy faces. She is ALMOST as cute as a new foal (but with less whiskers!, thank goodness)

Enjoy mom and dad coming, if mom does not get committed first

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely gorgeous and a crackup! I loved watching the videos- seeing her interact with you is precious! She is quite a little chatterbox! Enjoy the rest of your trip! :)