Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Is it Possible...

that I've gone so far overboard I can no longer see the boat? I ordered pictures of Gabi from our trip today. In the end, I ordered over 100 different photos in multiples. I think the grand total was something like 207.

I know what you're all thinking--- that I'm nuts. But I dare any of you who have biological children (especially your first) to go back and look at how many photos you have of your kids doing absolutely nothing. This especially applies to my friend, Michelle T. (whose husband, Kip, says that their kids won't go to college because of all the money spent on clothes and pictures). Now, imagine that you don't get to see that baby everyday. I've literally almost worn the keys off of my computer looking at every single picture we have of Gabi. Those pics from the first visit trip have been memorized. I look at many of them almost every day. Now I have more!!! I'll see you guys in December when I've emerged from my Gabriella cocoon.

To add to my obsession, Gabi's foster mother actually returned one of the cameras we left with her from the first visit. So those are currently at the developers along with 3 other rolls Ed took of her with the 35 mm. Can you say "in love"?

Even after we smothered her in attention and lovin' for 8 solid days, she can't possibly know how much we love her. But she will soon. When she's home. Where she belongs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope she gets home soon. I know that her Mom and Dad are going to waiting everyday, hoping that it will be the next day. Hang in there, she is a beauty and seems to be such a joy. She will be overwelmed with all the love she will be receiving once she is home. That extended family will go on and on and on. What a blessing. Love you guys

Anonymous said...

I hope 50 or so are for me. I've already been chastised for not having pictures in hand to share. I thought everybody that was interested was keeping up with the blog. Grumps is having trouble getting the picture he wants in the size that he wants. Are you surprised?
Love you 3,
GG & Grumps

Amanda said...

Of course he couldn't-- his fingers are too big and he can't see.

Paige said...

HAHAHAHA, I was going to say that!

Kip & Michelle said...

I know we are a bit behind on reading the blog (this you will understand when the kids become toddlers and school-age!) but we felt the need to respond to this one! Nope, not nuts, Amanda---just expected in my opinion!! My only challenge to you is to do the same with #2!! I continue to meet that challenge to myself-full closets and photo albums! Kip continues to shake his head, but WITH A SMILE!!! There is no need to worry about college, they will just go with full closets and lots of pictures to remind them just how much WE LOVE THEM!!!