Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Finishing and Beginning Things

This weekend my mother retired. She's been teaching for about 42 years. It wasn't always special education and it wasn't always children. There were years that she taught parents and regular education classrooms. She also coached basketball and any number of sports that Paige and I were involved in. So, this is it. She's been counting down since August. That might have something to do with the fact that she is going to nanny for us when Gabi gets home. She's barely excited. Congratulations Mom! (Mom-- Notice that I didn't re-hash any of the comments from the dinner. You're welcome.)

On Sunday afternoon, Liza, Paige, Natalie and Lisa gave me a baby shower. It was beautiful and so fun! Lisa is a designer of all things decorative and floral. She's a genius. She made the cutest centerpieces with ladybugs in them. The girls made wonderful food and basically, Gabriella was spoiled rotten. She received about 2 million dollars worth of clothes, toys, books and blankets. Everything is beautiful and I'm pretty excited to get her home so she can meet all of these people who love her so much.


Just a sampling... my Aunt Jana made her an adorable fleece ladybug blanket and pillow and found this funny ladybug chair. My cousin, Kim, brought her two mini-skirts and shorts. My mom (by Mom, I mean Paige) found all of this hand-painted ladybug stuff- a lamp, candle holders,and a tiny tray (presumably to serve the princess's bottle on). I say Paige found it because my mother couldn't buy something on Ebay if her life depended on it. But it was her idea! Gabriella's Nana brought her a crystal rattle with her name and birthday engraved on it. Linda Castillon traveled from St. Louis to join us. And the Sisters were there in big numbers. It was very humbling and I'm so grateful to the hostesses for thinking of us. Thank you girls. Love you!

Cute clothes...









How ridiculous is this chair? I love it!!!

No comments: