Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

I've spent the afternoon with my friends, Christy and Lucy Deegan. Christy and Dave are hosting me on the eve of my departure. Christy is working from home, so I got little Lucy all to myself. She's 5 months old and she's changed so much in just 2 months. She's got this beautiful smile and personality. What fun! The truth is she loves me. I am a lot of fun. I have more facial expressions than I know what to do with and a lot of funny voices. All of that equals a party to Lucy. Dave got to join us for dinner just in time to get the tab.

I leave tomorrow morning at 5:40. I have to be at the airport at 4:10. Awesome. Not really excited about that part. But I'll have my monkey in my arms by 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. Can't even believe that we're at this point. Finally, we're parents... that's all I can say.

I'll be updating daily if not more with new pictures and everything. Thanks for all of the support. And to everyone I owe thank-you notes to, I'll get to it when I get home. I'm not ungrateful-- I promise. I'm just a little busy going to visit OUR DAUGHTER!!!!

2 comments:

Tami York said...

Amanda...I am SO happy for you and your husband. You are the kind of person that one knows the very second they meet you that you are a very special individual and will leave an everlasting impression on one's heart and thats what you have done. I'm so incredibly happy for you. You my dear will be a wonderful MOMMY. Please keep in touch and bring that beautiful bundle to the office so I can spoil her too!!

Always
Tami

sandraclark4 said...

Happy, elated, bowled over are not enough. I know you're spilling over yourself.
She is soooooo beautiful.
You're a beautiful family.
Love you,
GG & Grumps