Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Waiting for Daddy

Gabriella and I had a fairly uneventful night. She was up twice for a bottle. The second one was at 3:10 and we stayed up until 6 a.m. (By the way, I know that no one is interested in her every move, but this blog is serving as my personal journal of this experience, so you'll just have to bear with me.) Then she was down until 8:45, which I greatly appreciated. I was able shower and get ready, pack her bag and head to breakfast in under an hour. I think that's pretty good for my first morning with my girl. We had breakfast together in the dining room and then took a stroll. She enjoyed a catnap and then woke up when we got back to the baby lounge.

The Marriott has put together this baby lounge that has a high chair, pack n play, bouncy seat, jumpin' jack and an activity gym. It has internet access, a changing station in the bathroom, microwave, and bottle cleaning area and comfy furniture for the adults. It's such a convenience. This is on the "Family Floor." The whole third floor is fitted with rooms that have removed the mini-bar and replaced it with a refrigerator. They bring a crib in for the baby and you're all set. It's awesome.

I think I got everything pretty organized for Edward's arrival. I have Gabi's stuff put away and mine as well. It's a little cooler here in the morning and evening, so I have to layer her up. Then in the afternoon it's warmer, but still pleasant. In order to keep her comfortable, she has to change clothes for the afternoon. I took some pictures of her this morning (of course) because she was so cute in her little hoodie. She's just waiting for her daddy. He should be here around 3.
Where's Daddy?


Gabriella is a bit fussy and I think it's because I am mixing new formula with her old stuff. Our American brands just have a lot more of the good stuff. I brought some to give to the foster mother, so I'm trying to get her used to it. We'll see.

1 comment:

iLEEN said...

This is a special day for all of us who are with you in spirit. Hey Hair is good. When you come home we'll rent the Broadway Musical, Hair. And what about those lips? Move over, Angelina Jolie. Gabi is on the scene! We had a heavy rain here, so your flowers are well. I took in your mail, too.