Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Just a Regular Day


Today was pretty uneventful. Kristin and Reagan got settled in, we went to the market for some essentials... diapers, formula and Gatorade. We sat by the pool and finally Gabriella's fussiness won out and she and I returned to the room for a much needed nap. It was just what the doctor ordered. She then went with Kristin, Reagan and me to dinner with our facilitator, Mariela. She came to the hotel with her daughter and we dined in one of the restaurants in the hotel. It was a lot of fun to get to show her our appreciation for her hard work.

Mariela is essentially the one who gets our children home. She works her tail off (literally) for a very meager salary. Her job is heart-wrenching, emotional, exhausting and incredibly rewarding. Mariela has been there for a lot of very difficult family moments and the really joyous ones. She is the quintessential go-to gal and she has a passion for what she does, which is evident in all of her actions. In short, we love her!!!

Gabi sat down and drank two bottles at dinner without missing a beat. I was amazed!!! She then took a nap, we returned to the room, and she took a bath. Bathtime has been pretty traumatic for little Gabi Sol. You can imagine what it's like to bathe a writhing, slippery, fragile being in a hotel sink... NOT good. Well, I heard this evening that the hotel actually has infant bathtubs. We requested and received one this evening. I must say it was much better than the other nights, but it's the only time that she cries that really upsets me. You know, babies cry. I know that, so I don't get freaked out when she cries or fusses. It's not that I'm insensitive. But babies have about 3 jobs. To eat, sleep, go to the bathroom and cry. Ok, that's four. But this awful, hysterical, ear-piercing, can't-catch-her-breath sobbing is a bit much. You'd think we'd pulled a limb or two off. I hate it. I've tried everything I can think of. It's just awful!

Here are a few pics from happier times today and the awful bath experience (this isn't the worst of it, I assure you)...


The girls sleeping in their Baby Bjorns



Watching the kids at the pool

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

4 comments:

Paige said...

I never heard of such a thing-- a Clark baby that is anti-water?
It will pass.
What happens when you get that hair wet---does it get even crazier?
We have tried to call but cannot get through

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing as Paige, what's Gabi's hair like wet? I am so happy for you and looks like you all are having a great time getting to know one another. Thanks so much for sharing with us! Can't wait to read tomorrow!

Melissa Dempsey

Anonymous said...

Try to cup her in your arm, while bathing or taking a bath with her. She probably is just feeling vulnerable and needs some security. Lots of hugs and kisses will fix it. Tell her about her crazy cousin Kim and Jack, soon she will be laughing. Love you

Anonymous said...

to touch on what paige said, she'll just have to get used to the agua. king city flippers rule!! she's so beautiful and looks so tiny when you hold her...my finnegan is 13 months now, so i forget how small he once was...and the girls were even smaller. anyhoo, keep on lovin' on your litte missus. we'll teach her the swim meet chant yet