Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

T minus 3

We are 3 days away from meeting our daughter! I have to stop and think about that. Well, technically Edward is 4 days away. But I will meet her at approximately 2 p.m. at the hotel on Friday. Earlier today my house looked like a baby had exploded. It's still very messy, but if this is what it is like without the actual baby here, I can only imagine what it will be like when she is here.

I'm getting so excited. If there wasn't so much to do in preparation, I'd be full throttle crazy right now. Fortunately, there's laundry, cleaning house, shopping and packing to do. I've just about got her packed. I'm working on me now. Between the computer, cameras, clothes and carseat, I may not make it to the gate. The only errands left to run are getting the foster mother's gift and some snacks for the plane.

I thought my flight was direct. I have no idea where I got that notion. I have to go through Houston and that makes me nervous about getting my luggage there. All I can do is pray. At the very least, I have enough stuff to get her through the first 48 hours in my carry-on. I have to stop writing because I have about 412 things to do. Good night! Oh, and just in case you forgot who I was going to see, allow me to post a pic of my pretty little monkey...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I like everyone else, can't wait to meet her and smooch on her. We had a great time at the shower. Gabriella will be so blessed when she finally makes her journey home. All the wonderful gifts and the love and support of so many. Give her an extra squeeze from me.