Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last Full Day with My Girl

Today has been bittersweet. I tried so hard to enjoy every minute, but I knew that it would be my last afternoon to snuggle with her, my last evening to hold her during dinner and my last everything else. Fortunately, I do have one more morning with her. That's her happiest, easiest time. So I'm looking forward to a lot of smiles and lovin' in the morning.

Gabriella is such a funny girl. In one week's time, she has come out of her shell, shown that she knows me and my voice, adjusted to her infant seat AND gotten better about her bath. The biggest victory for me is that I was the one who was able to soothe her and she responded to my voice when she was upset. I feel so blessed to have been given this time with her. I will always be able to share with her that we knew her when she was just 8 weeks old. We saw her personality and knew exactly what she was doing. We are so in love with this tiny angel. God is very, very good!!!

Poor Reagan was so sick today. She started out with a fever and we gave her some Tylenol and she was much better within a half hour. We thought it was from teething. Kristin called and was able to get into the doctor. We're so glad she did because by the time they arrived at the doctor's office, Reagan was sii..iiick. It turns out that she had a reaction to a vaccine given to her a couple of days ago. They gave her some medicine and her 103 degree fever broke withing 45 minutes. We were so worried about her pitiful little self. But all is well and Kristin can leave knowing that she's ok.

We took some pictures of the girls together today. Reagan, at 9 months, is really tall. She just dwarfs Gabriella. She took control of the situation and told Gabriella what's what. It was pretty funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed and Amanda,
Your daughter is so beautiful! We are really happy for you. I have read all of your blogs and seen all the cute little pictures. We cant wait to meet her. We should all get together again before the reunion.
Rachelle and Ted Lanham
Lanhame@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

The Lord has truly blessed you both with such a beautiful daughter, remember to lean on him when looking for strength till you can be with Miss Gabriella again. I know I can't wait to meet her and kiss on her. Love you all very much.

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Ed,

I'm so excited for you guys. Little Gabi Sol is so adorable. I love her hair.You all have been very blessed to find each other. Keep being strong and she will be home soon. I can't wait to meet her.
Jennifer Edd (Washington School)
jmedd3@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Amanda! I've been so behind on your whole process, but I just caught myself up from the last month! I've been bawling the whole time! You guys look so beautiful as a family! I love her hair! God Bless!

Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy and Ed - I just read the great story of your visit to meet Gabi. I'm glad it went so well and look forward to meeting her.

take care, Elaine Wolff