Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 28, 2007

Very Exciting Day

Gabriella Sol went on an adventure today. Let me start by saying how glad I am that I took the carseat with me. We went to the doctor and our facilitator's assistant, Mariela, drove us there. She drives a Toyota something from the early 80s probably. It is in horrible condition. It has no seatbelts in the backseat. So I wedged Gabi's seat in the best I could. Guat City traffic is crazy to say the least. So I just prayed we'd make it there. This is what we found out...

Gabriella is now 8 lb. 15 oz., 21 1/2 inches long with a head circumference of 37 cm. She has good hips, feet, and legs. Her abdomen was good and soft. Gabi's ears and spine were excellent. Her eyes tracked a colored object and light well. She has 3 Mongolian spots on her bottom and lower back. These are spots that look like bruises which are typical in Guatemalan children. Usually they disappear by age 3. The doctor was wonderful. He was thorough, professional, kind and very knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions patiently and extensively. Then he told me I have nice eyes (I'm not sure that's professional, but I'll take it). He educated me on several issues and I feel great about Gabi's pediatric medical care.

The other part of Gabi's adventure was meeting her Aunt Kristin and Reagan for the first time! Kristin was so excited to see her and Gabriella was very content in her arms. But then Reagan arrived and we got to ooh and aah over her. What a beautiful, sweet girl. I didn't get to spend much time with them today because of the doctor saga, but as we were sitting at dinner, it was as if no time had passed at all since we were last together.

Just a few snaps from our day...




1 comment:

sandraclark4 said...

Wow, two beautiful girls and mommies.
Could you be any happier?
Love you,
Mom