Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gabi!!

I cannot believe that we have a one year old child. It boggles my mind. And she couldn't be more perfect for us. She is lively and sweet and charming. She has a sense of humor that emerges more each day.

Yesterday, Gabi learned how to give "high five." It's very funny how she picks something new up every day. She, unfortunately, is not in the best of moods on her first birthday. She is not feeling well. Kyra tells our patients who are in the hospital for their birthday or a major holiday that they get a do-over. I think Gabi is going to get a do-over.

In light of her not-so-wellness, I took her to the local hospital here in Antigua. Frankly, I've never had a lovelier experience in a doctor's office/hospital in my life anywhere in the world. I walked right in. They provided a translator. He saw us immediately. It cost $20 for the consult and I picked up her medicine on my way out. He was gentle and kind and Gabi did so well. When she got a little nervous, she would reach for me, but she didn't really cry. It's incredible how good it feels to be the one she reaches for when she's sick, or sad, or playful. I love it. We got her medicine and came home in less than 40 minutes. Can you imagine that happening anywhere?

She took her medicine easily and promptly threw it back up when she had lunch. Lesson learned-- no meds on an empty belly. She's napping now so hopefully that will help. What a doll we have been blessed with this year. She is our dream come true.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gabi !

Lots of Love,

Laura and Matt Gower

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I am sorry she isn't feeling well... being sick on your birthday stinks!
But we want to wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY when gets to do her do-over day!
I have been thinking about you all day. I am so happy for you and Ed. Your little girl is ONE!
((((HUGS))))
Amy

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Gabi!!! :)

Pineapple Princess said...

Happy 1st birthday, Gabi! I pray for you every day. I hope you feel all better tomorrow!!!

XO,
Stacy

The Burtons said...

Happy Birthday Gabi!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Page Family said...

Happy Birthday Gabi!!!

We're glad that you are settled in Antigua. Cohen would love to get together and play sometime. Email us at cohenguatemala@yahoo.com.

Amy & Cohen

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Gabi! I hope (know) all your birthday wishes are going to come true. We miss you!

Sara & Jimmi

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! We hope you get to feeling better.

Love,

Mike, Robin & Ella

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Precious. I've been trying to call you all day, finally I just called your daddy. He misses you.
Love you too much,
GG

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday dear Gabi.
Happy Birthday to you.
And many more!!!!

Love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY GABI!!!
I VOTE FOR A DO-OVER TOO, SHE DESERVES ONE, BEING SICK ON THIS SPECIAL DAY IS NO FUN....BUT KNOWING YOUR WITH HER FOR-EVER IS WHAT MEANS EVERYTHING!
FEEL BETTER SOON BABY GIRL!

LOTS AND LOTS OF PRAYERS,
MARK, ANGIE AND TYLER:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Gabi Sol! I hope you feel better soon!

Love,
MK

Shelia said...

Just wanted to wish Gabi a Happy Birthday do-over. She is such a cutie pie!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Gabi! Feel better soon...