Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 17, 2008

If You Have a New Last Name, Raise Your Hand

Our attorney got Gabi's new birth certificate today. He is going to pick us up tomorrow afternoon to get her passport. Once we have that, we can be submitted to the US Embassy for 2nd DNA authorization.

We are ecstatic! Since Dave, Christy, Savannah and Lucy are on their way to GC right now, we put a locator at the front desk. This tells the front desk where we are in the event someone calls or visits without us knowing ahead of time. When we were finished with dinner, we headed to the Baby Lounge and I called down to change our location. A few minutes later the phone rang and it was our attorney. He does not speak English. It's a struggle to communicate with him, but we always get through it. He said that he will pick us up at 1 p.m. tomorrow. Ed got off the phone and said, "Do you know what this means? We have a birth certificate!" Naturally, we were jumping up and down and celebrating. Gabi joined right in! She thinks it's awesome that she is finally an A!!! We do too! The above is a pic of that moment. Excuse my Asian appearance-- it's really me.

I might die when I see our last name on these very important papers. I welled up when I saw Ella's copy of her passport last month. It's such a big deal that we've come this far!! Woohoo!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she raised her hand and got a new last name. It is the best last name ever till she falls for that handsome guy in her life. That will be a very long time away because Daddy might let her out of the house when she is about 18-Daddy's little girl.We all love her so.Praise the Lord for all his blessings.
Love you bunches.

Paige said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I cannot imagine how wound you must be right now!

Kind of like mom was when she was in labor with me on this day 36 years ago (but I bet you dont think you drank too much green beer, huh?)

The Burtons said...

Congrats!!! I know you are extremely excited. Great meeting you today!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are just flying along! I know you are thrilled and Gabi looks so happy! Can't wait to hear you have that embassy appointment!

Suzanne G

Anonymous said...

AWESOME NEWS!!! SOUNDS LIKE YOUR ATTORNEY MAY HAVE IT MORE TOGETHER NOW THAN A COUPLE MONTHS AGO WHEN WE WERE THERE WITH YOU....I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER TO HERE THESE STEPS ARE GOING SMOOTH!!!

CONGRATS!
ANGIE, MARK AND TYLER:)

anjfp said...

CONGRATS!!!!! This is huge news! :-) I'm sooooo happy for your family, hehe, your family! That's right, she's an Austin! YaY!

Robin said...

Yeah! I can' wait to hear your have your passport. Don't forget your camera like we did.

Robin

Anonymous said...

OMG, can the smiles get any bigger. I welled up and had a lump in my throat. I am so truly happy for you all. How neat all on Aunt Paiges birthday.

Can't wait to hold that sweet baby girl. Tell her all about GG's favorite, "Kim", so she will be accepting as soon as I see her.

Love you guys, enjoy this, you deserve it. Do at least 3-4 happy dances a day.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

That picture of you and Gabi is worth more than a million billion words! Your smile barely fits on the page! Everyone at Carle is THRILLED for you - we can't wait to hear more!!! Big kisses all around!!!
xo
Kyra