Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

There aren't words, but I'm gonna try...




We have our girl. As I type, my eyes are welling up with tears because it's finally hitting me what a huge moment this is. And it isn't just me, it isn't just Edward, it's all of us. We're a family. God has never given a greater gift than family. And He has blessed us with the most precious addition on this planet.

It was heartbreaking to take Gabi from her beloved foster family. But we promised that we will have dinner before we take her home for good. That seemed to ease the pain a bit. We are so incredibly grateful to what they've done for our daughter this past year. She is happy, healthy, silly, loving and precious because of them.

It took her all of 20 minutes to completely come around and start grinning, giggling and playing with us. She was thrilled to see her duck return (from her cousin Rita) and that made her transition easier. Gabi is probably the most joyful baby I've ever been around. We are so looking forward to bringing her home to share her with you all.

Gabi has 4 teeth now-- 2 on top, 2 on bottom. She is talking up a storm and is as playful as she was when Mom and I were here last month. She's so much fun and we've only been here an hour.

I promise to keep blogging while I'm here and maybe forever. But Gabi had something to interject. Gabriella's message to the masses is:

fggbtiyyuui ui u8t67563x4w54

I hope you enjoyed that.

9 comments:

Robin said...

I have been watching for your post all day. Gabi looks so happy and you make such a beautiful family! Her hair looks thick and long. Enjoy your little girl. We are so happy for you all!

Mike, Robin & Ella

Mary-Kelsey said...

I've been refreshing your page all afternoon! I'm so glad to see you all together! Gabi Sol looks as sweet as ever...and that HAIR! Can't wait to see it in all its glory! Love you guys!

MK

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I'm fighting the tears myself. All three of you look so happy, which makes all of us elated. All the sister aunts are thanking God and wishing you the best.
Please give Gabi some sugar from GG and Grumps.
We love her so.

Katie said...

Hallelujah!! You're finally together forever. I am so happy for all 3 of you. You really make a beautiful family. I've been thinking about you all day, smiling at the thought of you together.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am so excited for you!!! She looks so happy....have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome feeling to have her for-ever!!! We are so excited for your FAM of 3!!! Enjoy every minute of your stay, you'll be home SOON!!!

Congrats!
Angie, Mark and Tyler:)

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!! Everyone looks so happy in the pictures! And I can clearly tell that Gabi's note said "I am SO happy to be in my Mom & Dad's arms again - and this time I get to GO HOME WITH THEM!!!!!" Big kisses and can't wait to hear more!!!

Kyra

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

Your pictures and words are priceless. What a wonderful day for your family! We are beyond excited for you.
((((HUGS))))
Rob, Amy, Jay, Drew and Emma

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for the 3 of you!! i can't wait to meet your family!!!