Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

Our First Day

Gabi wants to walk. She's cruising everywhere and wants to walk so badly. She LOVES Daddy. She thinks he's so funny. And she's such a little climber. She's talking up a storm. There's just so much that's fun about this age. The biggest thrill is that she's wanting to cuddle all the time! I mean all the time. She just wants to snuggle up to you. We're so bummed about that.

The only sad thing to report is that Gabi's foster mother said that she has really been grieving for Ella. They said that she's cried a lot more and has been looking for her. If that isn't pitiful I don't know what is. I knew that she would miss her fiercely, especially since we think that they shared a crib. How can you sleep without your big sister? Breaks my heart.

In other news, our attorney brought us the document from PGN that says that we're approved. He will go get her new birth certificate in Escuintla on Monday. It will have her name as Lili Esmeralda A. and Edward and I as her parents. We will then get her new passport in the same name. Once we have the birth certificate, she is legally our daughter. This step alleviates some of the concerns I had about fostering her without her being my legal child. We expect to have DNA authorization early the week after Easter, according to our attorney's plan.

That's all I've got. I'll post new pics tomorrow. Have a great night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I bet the cuddling is a real burden. I wish I was there to help with that.
Love you too much,
Mom

Paige said...

So when does she get her birth certificate with her new name?

Anonymous said...

See...I knew rescuing KidSister from the Goodwill bag was important. She will be in Champaign when you return.

Nana C

Pineapple Princess said...

Thanks for PGN prayers for us!!! It helps my anxious heart!
I am just so happy how God has worked out all the details for you to be with Gabi forever. She looks beautiful and SO happy to be with her mommy and daddy!

Bless you guys,
Stacy