Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another Adventure

It looks like I'll be returning to visit our beautiful girl on February 1st. I got an incredible rate out of Chicago and a good hotel rate. My mom will be joining me for this 8-day trip. Paige and Barry will be on a cruise, so I don't know what Dad is gonna do. He'll sit at the computer and study our blogs, I guess. Paige got a new underwater camera, so her scuba pics should be even better than last time.

In other news, the decision to foster Gabi after we get her out of PGN is final. Once we get the word, I'll head down about 7-10 days later. This will hopefully be about the time that she gets authorization for her 2nd DNA test. My mother-in-law, Jane, is going to join me for a few days at least. And Christy and Lucy D. are going to join us for a week or so. It isn't surprising really. Christy has traveled to every single place that we've lived over the last 10 years-- from South Korea to Germany to Alabama. She's been wanting to join me in Guatemala since we began this process. Now that Lucy is a little older, it works out perfectly. We'll have a great time and I'm so excited to be able to do this with her. Woohoo!

Christy and I have always wanted our kids to grow up together. Our move to Houston will make that much harder. But Christy and I have never lived in the same town. Not since we met when we were 15. Despite that, our friendship has flourished and grown into one of the most certain things in my life. As it turns out, our children are only 3 months apart-- which is ironic considering I've been married for 9 years and she's been married for 2 1/2. I love that we both have girls so close in age. So, we'll go on another little adventure so our girls can start their friendship in the flesh, rather than through pictures and stories.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have good plans in place. You're so lucky to have a friend that would go down there with you. Believe me, I know the value of friendship first hand. Consider yourself blessed.
Love you; I can hardly wait.
Mom

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, we won't be able to live with your mom for the month of January till she gets to see her Gabi and oh of course you. Just kidding, you know her girls are the apples of her cheeks. Things sound great and the more time you can spend with Gabi here there or yonder is the best.
Love ya bunches. xoxo to Gabi girl.

Anonymous said...

I had to leave another message because I did not know the great great news you received. I just read todays and then just now went to yesterdays. Glory and Praise to our God for He answers our prayers and knows our needs.This is the time that things are going to start happening. Keep the faith Sisterette. We sure are keeping the prayer lines burning. Oh I am smiling tonight. YEA!!!!!!!

Paige said...

We don't leave for our cruise until February 8. So no cross over there at all.

How come everyone else in the world gets invited to Guatemala, but me?

Anonymous said...

Paige, just so you know, I didn't get invited either.
Nana Coletto

Anonymous said...

Paige,
Most of us are not invited. We invite ourselves. I, personally, am available at a moment's notice. Actually, I guess all of us invite ourselves, come to think of it.
Love you,
Mom