Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Still Waiting...

Most recent report is that our attorney has picked up the forms necessary for registration and is completing them. No word on whether they've been submitted for approval. I'm getting desperate. Two months of time wasted. Two months of our daughter changing, growing, living in someone else's care. Two months that we'll never get back. We just want her home. If not that, we want there to be some progress with our case. I can't imagine what our attorneys were doing this weekend. How they couldn't have gotten them completed is beyond me.

I no longer care that they have lives of their own. I no longer respect their time or work/personal life boundaries. These registrations are not currently necessary for every single client. I'm not even sure they're necessary for those cases out of PGN waiting for visa appointments. This has to reduce the urgent mandatory registrations substantially. Yet, somehow I feel certain that we are not being prioritized as a case that needs immediate CA registration in order to be re-submitted to PGN. This is exhausting. I feel like I could sleep forever. Or until Gabriella comes home.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Hang in there. The waiting is so hard. I will continue to pray for you guys. You are almost there. Courtney

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda, I can't stand that you have to go through this....it makes me totally sick to my stomach. No-one deserves to be in PGN this long. One thing that I always tried to remember through our entire journey starting 3 1/2 years ago is, WHAT DOESN't KILL YOU WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER, I really think it holds true:)....hang in there girl....

Angie H.

Anonymous said...

It breaks my heart to know how much time you have lost with Gabi over this last previo. Please know we are praying you all of you. Only a week and half and you get to kiss those cheeks.

Mike and Robin

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

(((((HUGS)))))
I am so sorry you are feeling down...you have every right to feel all those things. I also think you should allow yourself to pull the covers over your head and sleep one FULL day...nothing but PJs for a day....doing things that Amanda wants to do.
You will be there soon and will get to have her in your so soon!
((( HUGS )))

Anonymous said...

Once we get her home, these painful memories will start to fade. I know it's frustrating and infuriating, but you are going to make it.
Love you too much,
Mom

The gFamily said...

I can totally relate to your frustration! We lost over 5 weeks with nothing being done, and I was beyond frustrated! This process sure isn't fair! Hang in there! There is a great reward in the end!

I think your daughter is so precious! I will pray for you to hear that you are registered with the CNA very soon!!

Gretchen