Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Olympic Athlete in the House!!!


I've held off tooting her horn, but the time has come! Our friend, Anjali Forber-Pratt, is staying with us because her apartment building blew up... or something less dramatic. She's awesome in about a thousand ways. Her most recent huge accomplishment is that she qualified for Team USA for 2008 in Track and Field. She now has to qualify for the Beijing Paralympic team! We have no doubts that she will make it. Anjali competes in the 100m, 200m and 400m and she's an occasional reluctant participant in the 800m. She also uses some road races as training time. Anj will battle for the world record in the 100m in Beijing!!!
You can imagine the honor we felt when she decided to stay with us as a result of the latest mishap in her life. She is one of the most adventurous souls I've come across. She also has the world's worst luck of anyone I've ever met. That's saying a lot. I mean, Ed and I have pretty bad luck. Anjali has horrendous luck. It's a source of comic relief for us. It shouldn't be, but it is. So, we're hanging out with Anj while her apartment people figure out what to do with her.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! She's practically a celebrity.
Very generous of you and Ed.
Love you,
Mom

Paige said...

Isnt that a wierd coincidence, after all the time I spent with the wheelchair athletes at U of I, and now you are too. How wierd that is. Being a part of that at the Rehab Center with Scot Hollenbeck and Jean Driscoll was one of the funnest things I have ever done--and I just worked there!

That sort of dedication impresses me in any one.

Have fun!