Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 25, 2008

I Have Such Nerve

You will not believe what I've been doing over the last week or so. Researching our NEXT adoption!?! Can you believe the nerve I have to even broach this subject before we've got our girl home? I'm appalled myself.

The only reason I started is because I am going crazy waiting to get back into PGN. I've looked at every possible property in a 100 mile radius of Houston and have many-a-floor plan memorized at this point. And I'm curious when this whole nightmare rollercoaster ride must begin again. Depending upon where we decide to adopt, we may have a significant wait for our next child-- as much as 2 years or so. If that's the case, we want to begin our homestudy fairly quickly after we relocate. If we choose a shorter route, then we can wait a bit. It isn't so much that we don't want to enjoy every square inch of our Gabi Sol, but we know that building our family this way is a painstaking process and we'd like to be prepared. There's a lot of time and research that goes into it. You might as well start when you have the time. I can't imagine I'll have as much time as I'd like for these things with a toddler running around.

Let's have a show of hands... how many of you out there think I'm nuts to even be contemplating our next adoption?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it makes perfect sense to start now. Yes, you are definitely brave, too.
Just 7 days.
Love you too much,
Mom

Anonymous said...

you go!!!!

Angie

Anonymous said...

I actually looked into fostering to adopt at Christmas but that is as far as I got. So I say go for it!

Robin M.

Anonymous said...

I think you are a genious! We started back with infertility treatments when our first was just 3 months old...people thought we were crazy but it sure worked out beautifully!

The gFamily said...

You are a smart planner! I love that!! I too say GO FOR IT!!

Best wishes!
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You and Amie remind me so much of each other sometimes. You absolutely should be prepared for anything and everything at all times.I say go for it. This will keep you going in the right direction.Your mom has invited everybody down to Houston as soon as you get settled in. Ha! Just kidding. I know your house will be fab. I have to get on line to work on my computer class. I am way to old for this class stuff.Keep the faith.
Love ya bunches

Pineapple Princess said...

I say go for it! God's got an amazing plan for #2, too!

Praying you into PGN,
Stacy

anjfp said...

Go for it! (though I think you know I was for it :) )