Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 05, 2008

HALLELUJAH!!!

OUR DOCUMENT WAS FIXED!!!!! We will not be submitted to PGN until January 16 when they re-open. But we are no longer waiting for our document. Oh Happy Day!!!

I think Edward and I just made out on the couch for about 5 minutes. I guess it's good we've still got it in us. We are so relieved. Now we just need to make it through this next phase of Central Authority registration. Please don't ask what that means. Right now, no one knows. But I assure you that I will post once it is defined.

Major faith has been restored in our attorneys. I never doubt God's power, usually just His timing. But God has once again revealed to me that if I'll just shut up and let Him do the work, it will be more wonderful than we ever could have imagined.

Already we have seen that God's choice for our daughter is sheer perfection. We always knew that we had so much love to give a child. Never could we have understood how perfect a child could be for us and us for her. When we are with her, we spend a lot of time laughing, kissing, dancing and being silly.

We know that it is an unusual experience to get to know your child in a hotel room. But it is our reality and it's wonderful to have just Gabi time. We spend all of our time tending to her needs, learning about her, making her laugh and seeing her personality come through. It is such a joyful experience, even when that sweet creature is sick. Most parents don't get such an experience without the burden of cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. We realize this and revel in every moment. Granted, it isn't the comfort of home. But it is the comfort of being with our daughter.





I know so many of you are praying for us constantly. Thank you. We know that my recent surrender is what convinced God that I do have it in me to be faithful and obedient (if only for short spurts of time). Please add to your prayers for our patience and understanding during the rest of our process.

3 comments:

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

PRAISE GOD!
I am so happy for you guys and Gabi! I know that it was such a hard day for you....I am happy you had such great news to celebrate.
(I also LOVE Gabi's outfit! It was Emma's lucky outfit...maybe it was lucky for Gabi too!)

I miss you guys so much. We are doing ok....the earthquake scared me to death....but we are fine and counting down the days till we are back in OHIO!

(((HUGS)))
Amy

Pineapple Princess said...

Yea! Praise God for his faithfulness! I LOVE answered prayer!

I'm sure you're celebrating this latest victory!! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

mandy-poo,

your mom and i relate songs to lots of things we say and do when we are together (usually on the golf course!). when i read your current blog, my first thoughts were "praise God from whom all blessings flow" - i can't hum a few bars but i bet you have even sung this one yourself a few times. so happy for such good news!

aunt cheryl