Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Rosey New Year





I obviously couldn't wait to post until tonight. There are huge things to celebrate--the Rose Bowl and the New Year. We're all geared up in our Illini colors and ready to spread the news. At breakfast, a couple of families asked if we were going to watch the game. I said, "Are you kidding me?" Didn't you notice the spirit of the Chief trailing us as we came into the restaurant. Gabi is very excited about her first Illini Rose Bowl. She could hardly sleep just thinking about it.

The festivities in GC for the New Year were abundant. Ed was almost asleep as midnight rolled around, but I couldn't resist the popping outside our window. So I got up and to my amazement, the entire 180 degree view from the 9th floor was filled with fireworks! They looked to be on the outskirts of town, but there wasn't a place on the horizon that wasn't covered in brightly covered pyrotechnics. That's so fun.

A few pics of the Rose Bowl-ready Guatemalan fan base.




Gabi turns her back on the USC Trojans!!

1 comment:

Pineapple Princess said...

Happy New Year!

You have been on my mind so much! I am praying that God would provide a way for Gabi's file to make it through PGN in record time...that it would be expedited from reviewer to reviewer through final signature. That's my January '08 prayer for you!

Enjoy the game today. Gabi looks sooo cute!

Oh, we were actually staying at the Vista Real. Such a relaxing place! The pool was too cold to swim, but the hotel was gorgeous!

Happy New Year,
Stacy