Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Emma is OUT of PGN!!

Can I get a little woo-woo?!? Emma H. is out of PGN. I had the pleasure of calling and checking on her case and was informed that her case was approved yesterday. What a wonderful moment to be a part of. We've been so fortunate to have met these two amazing families. We feel very blessed to be spending this week with them. It just goes to show you how God blesses us so fully in the midst of difficult trials.

We spent the afternoon today with Ella's family-- Mike, Robin and Ella. We headed over to the handimarket. They have beautiful things and I bought a Mayan sling to carry Gabi in. I hope this helps her attachment when she comes home. Poor little Ella did not feel great today, but she is precious even when she's under the weather. Not a peep out of her on our excursion and she definitely had a fever. What a doll!

Gabi has been very busy today. She ate like a horse and took one more step toward crawling. She played forever this afternoon on her belly and got up on her hands and knees and rocked back and forth. She's so proud of herself too. She'll look up and grin from ear to ear. She chatters the whole time she's rocking. Absolutely adorable. She may be tiny, but she is a mighty little thing. She also charmed everyone at the market. She literally grinned all over herself and anyone who'd give her a glance. She's such a delightful baby-- I don't know how we got so lucky.

Gabriella ended the night on a high note with her beloved bath and her Illini pjs. Keri and Chris gave these to her last spring and I've been dying to get them on her. I think I heard her babble "I-L-L!" What kind of mother would I be if I didn't respond with a hearty "I-N-I!"

Ed is feeling a bit better and is looking forward to a good night's sleep. We received wonderful news that an offer has been extended from Deloitte! He won't receive the details of the offer until next week, but if it's competitive then we may be in Chicago next summer. This would be an answer to prayer for us. We actually received this news after the H.'s returned from a day trip and gave us a cross that the boys picked out. Jay and Drew said that God answered their prayers for Emma's OUT when they put their cross in the window last night. So they picked a special one out for us so that God would bless Gabi's case the same way! How awesome are those boys! We'd love for Ed to have a job he loves in a city that is a reasonable distance from our families. And I would love to be able to work in the Chicagoland area. Kim-- stop doing cartwheels. It isn't official yet. Please pray that we know without a doubt where we should be.

I know I've said this a million times, but we cannot get over how thrilled we are to be here with our girl! We know this Thanksgiving is one to change our lives forever. We look forward to so many years of spending the holidays with our Gabriella (and her siblings...lol). Please enjoy your holiday weekend and remember to give thanks for all the blessings in your life. We are thanking God for all of you.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Amanda-
I am so happy that you and Ed get to spend Thanksgiving with Gabi. She is such a little doll! :) She really is getting big! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

As Charlotte's 2nd grader would say, "Could I get an amen on that?"
Congratulations, Ed! I predicted this. Check out the cost of living for all your offers. I'm sure you know that, but that one element can surely make a huge difference. Remember, you'll need a big house for your nanny.
We're as anxious as you are to have a plan.
Tell Gabi how much GG and Grumps love and miss her.
I sneaked out of the hotel this morning to come out to Beanie's, so I could use her computer. I've watched all of the pictures, slides, and movies maybe 50 times.
My heart aches for her.
Love you way too much.
GG