Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Has it Sunk in Yet?

I think it's starting to. It has been a very exhausting week. Gabi has done incredibly well. I think the weight of the last year and a half has finally gotten the best of me, however. I am so exhausted I can hardly believe it. I know it isn't from Gabi. I've been with her for over 6 weeks and I was just as busy in Antigua as I have been here. But I think my body is finally purging the cloud that has been hanging over us.

Despite the exhaustion, I do think that it is beginning to register that Gabi is here forever. I love seeing her toys scattered everywhere, her dishes from the last meal, her snacks, her sippy cup, her laundry. All of it is finally being used at HOME!!! It's so odd because much of it was used over the last year, but it is a tremendous difference to see her toddling around our living room instead of a hotel room or apartment.

Maybe this helps too... tonight at dinner Gabi grabbed both of my cheeks in her little hands, pulled me to her and kissed me right on the lips-- pucker and all. There's nothing more real than knowing that you can do that a hundred times a day if you want. She is the most perfect fit with us. And although it is impossible to be perfect, to me, she is perfection.

5 comments:

Darcy said...

Love the pucker kiss story. . .so sweet.
Darcy McMurray
McMurraymania.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I guess AMK and I are going to battle. She called tonight to say she had dinner with your whole family and how great Gabi was and on and on about Gabi. Of course I did that to her last Friday. The war continues. Seriously I am so glad you all have each other. What a gift for all of you. Everyone has commented how much Gabi looks like you Mandy, even my students. I think God picked the perfect baby girl for you and Edward. Of course some said she looked like Summer in my block 4, but I don't think she is related to her.The pics are great. Keep them coming. Keep the faith.
Love you bunches,
Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm with my sister, Sue; everything she said I echo. And isn't she swell herself?
Love you too much,
Mom

ANGIE..... said...

We're still tired and Tyler has had none of the "typical" issues since he has been home either....it't just a fast pace world that we're living in now:) Just wait until she's running instead of just taking steps or walking just a little distace....BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!! BUT I LOVE IT!!!!! and wouldn't take it back for anything, I think I'm just used to those tired eyes:)

When are you guys headed to Texas??

So So Happy for your Fam!
Angie, Mark and Tyler

Courtney said...

Stella does the same thing to me. She places her hands on both my cheeks and kisses me. I have heard of other babies doing that too. I think the foster moms do that as a way of bonding or something. Interesting. I still am amazed that Stella is home with us forever. Courtney